Saturday, December 13, 2008

Absent Man

In my room, even at it's emptiest there is still clutter.
Something so tangible and yet this is just an idea.
For a mind is a place to sleep these days.
Some days babe, I dream while I speak.
But I catch every word you're throwing my way.

Lately, I've been feeling a rattling within me.
Stirring me in my deepest of slumbers.
I wake up. Shiver. Write this down.
Remember my demons.
Remember that you adore them.

I can close my eyes and picture your face.
Your eyes so full of intrigue.
So shiny and bold.
I can recall your hands, so warm.
Your lips so anticipatory.
I can imagine the words we will say,
the things we will do.

None of my troubles subside
but they fall to the sides of my face.
And I am left contemplating,
What shall I do with this mess

Soon I realize that the only solid ground I have is you.
You are so structured in the strangest of ways.
I put trust in you that I could never offer up to others.
I lose so many masks, so many doubts, and fears
when you are here, when you are near.

But the absent man is lost
in a mind so clouded like mine.
Clearly babe.
And I fall back to sleep.




i wear the black for the poor and the beaten down

that first line just says a million billion things. i love you rocket girl, you always amaze me.
Posted by i wear the black for the poor and the beaten down on December 14, 2008 - Sunday - 12:30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment