Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Twenty1, 6ix, 1,2,3, 1,2,3!

I'm twenty1
I've got too much time to waste
these days on thoughts
that give me no peace.
My mind is full of fillers
trying desperately to understand
how I became this.
How I'm here awake
at six in the morn
waiting for the rest of the world
to wake.
And I've got to stay awake
cause it's far to early to sleep.
And I've got to get a job.
Cause that's what the man told me.
Now don't get me wrong.
I am no lazy gal
but I hate the way
you make me toil in trouble
for such a terribly lengthy time
and it could be till the day I die
till I see my dreams realized
cause you've got me far too worried
about survival now
And lately I don't even want that
I don't want to survive
Wish I would just perish
Sometimes I think I don't exist
That I'm imagining this loser.
But I see myself in the mirror
and I touch my face and hands
to clean them.
Either my imagination is the greatest
or I truly do exist.
How did I become so transfixed
on the same ideas
running, running,
pacing, dancing
back and forth
1,2,3, 1,2,3,
back and forth
in my head.
All the things I ponder
I could never explain
not in words
and that is a cryin' shame.
As much as I adore the spoken and the written
so little of what I know of you or him or her
is said. A lot of it is seen.
Most communication is deeper than speak.
It's more than physical but quite physical as well.
Whatever it doesn't matter.
I know I'll never really get inside of you.
_______________________________


JUST DAVEY
David Smith

i feel for you, i don't think many people understand what it's like to try so hard in life, and get such small return.
Posted by JUST DAVEY on November 10, 2009 - Tuesday - 9:49 PM
[Reply to this]

No comments:

Post a Comment