Saturday, November 14, 2009

Running For The Door!

Tomorrow
Tomorrow keeps me pacing in the current state.
Pressuring me to pursue
something, someone, somewhere.

Today
Today keeps me blinded
folding it's hands over my face to cover my eyes.
Telling me to guess who.

Yesterday
Yesterday keeps me sane.
Allows me to listen.
Allows me to speak.

These days are blurry
so difficult to comprehend
where they start
where they end.

I despise this unavoidable absence
of everything, of everyone.
I've no sense of direction.
I'm lost for what seems, for ever more.

But tomorrow keeps calling me closer.
Keeps knocking at my door.
Telling me I am bigger
Telling me I am better
Telling me I am more.

Today your so lonely
Yesterday your so satisfied
but always in such strange retrospect.

You and me
always conversing
about the change.
The change we are
And the change we need.

All these days
go by and
I want them back
every time they've passed.

I despise this unavoidable absence
of everything, of everyone.

What a peculiar person I have become.
Afraid of what I love.
It's the worst kind of ache.
It's my everyday.
It's my nights.

It's tonight.
Oh, it's tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment